Shea Moisture African Black Soap

Friday, May 26, 2017
When I say that black soap has changed my life I really mean it. It has made such a huge difference to my skin that I have literally stopped using almost everything I used to.


What is black soap? 
Traditionally black soap is made from the ash of locally harvested plants and barks such as plantain, cocoa pods, palm tree leaves, and shea tree bark from West Africa. Alongside the traditional ingredients, Shea Moisture African Black Soap includes organic shea butter, oats and aloe.

The benefits it has for skin include eliminating blemishes, light exfoliation, treating eczema and skin rashes, thinning fine lines and many many more. What really attracted me to black soap is that it is 100% natural and can be used on literally all skin types.

Benefits
You know those Youtube reviews where people say its made their skin squeaky clean, I can 100% confirm my skin really is 'squeaky' clean. Like it actually squeaks. It manages to achieve this clean feeling without feeling harsh on the skin. Since my early teenage years I've had spot prone skin alongside PMS related breakouts. Since using this my breakouts are almost non-existent, when I do breakout its cleared within a matter of days. Even the really mean under the skin spots just vanish.

Problems
The one downside for me is that is did make my skin quite dry which is something I've never really dealt with, but I would still choose dealing with dry skin over dealing with oily skin! It did take me a few weeks to get this under control but it is definitely possible so don't lose faith. My advice to anyone experiencing dry skin after using black soap would be to find a really hydrating moisturizer to use.

How I Use It
As I already mentioned, Black Soap is lightly exfoliating all by itself but I do like to add some extra exfoliation by using both my Clarisonic Mia 2 face brush and my Spa to You deep pore cleansing brush. I mix and match between these two about 3-4 times a week to keep my skin looking it's best.


In my next blog post I'll share the night time moisturiser that has been amazing on my dry skin and completely cleared it. Drop me a comment below and let me know what you think
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about new kinds of skincare - great post!

    Carla x
    https://makemeupinside.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black soap. I started using black soap in my skincare routine last year and its amazing. I agree with you that black soap is exfoliating and if you're prone to dry skin, use a moisturising face and body cream. I also love Shea Moisture. I recently purchased their Jamaican Black Castor oil shampoo and conditioner. I've been eyeing this soap on an online store here in Nigeria but it's a bit pricey. I may give it a try soon.

    The Natural Beauty Tag
    http://www.fehintolaogunye.com/2017/08/the-natural-beauty-tag.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.