Fashion Friday #1 - High Waist Jeans

Friday, April 15, 2016
Fashion Friday is a going to be a mini series I'll be doing for whatever has particularly interested me in that week. I have never really considered myself as being particularly fashionable but I like what I like and I am passionate about what I like. My first Fashion Friday will be dedicated to something I am very passionate about, high waist jeans.

My body shape is somewhere between an hourglass and a pear, at last check my measurements were
Waist: 29in
Hips: 44in
This combination can make it extremely difficult to find jeans that fit properly on the high street as I can only wear high waist jeans which can be hard to find. These three jeans are my absolute favourite high waist jeans, and when I say high waist I mean they actually cover my belly button.
#1 Topshop Jamie Jeans in Bleach (W32 L32) £40
This was the first pair of high waist jeans I purchased, I was suprised at how well they fit and the quality of the denim. These feel like real jeans instead of jeggings. *Disclaimer: I bought the same pair in black and they fit totally differently, they don't fit anywhere near as high on the waist*
#2 ASOS Ridley Skinny Ankle Grazer in Cornflower Blue (W30 L30) £28
Of the three pairs, these are my absolute favourite, really nice high waist fit and unlike the Topshop Jamie jeans, they fit nice and close to the ankle. Theres slighlty more stretch in this pair that make them a little more comfortable to wear.
#3 Dorothy Perkins High Waist Bailey Jeans in Black (10 short) £25
Now this particular shape of jean in Dorothy Perkins are almost like a myth, sometimes they have them, sometimes they don't. The best chance of catching them is online, I cannot remember the last time I saw them in store. They also keep changing the type of denim used, the current denim is very stretchy so I wear these to work. These sit nice and high on my waist, I had to get the shorter length because for some reason Dorothy Perkins trousers always come up long on me.

I hope anyone searching for high waist jeans on the high-street finds this post helpful. A girl can never have enough jeans, drop me a comment and let me know where you buy your jeans.
xoxo

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.