My Skincare Staples

Friday, April 01, 2016
These are the products that I use on a day-to-day basis (when my skin is behaving itself). This combination of products have been the best I have found at balancing out my oily t-zone whilst not drying out the rest of my face.


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
I must admit I've had this for a little while and I've only recently started using it regularly. Whilst I wasn't very impressed with it as a stand alone cleanser, I have found that it is perfect to use as a make-up remover. At night I use this to take off all my make-up so my face wash can be as effective as possible. 
Garnier Fresh Clarifying Wash
What drew me to this in the shop was the 'shine be gone' statement since my oily t-zone was the bane of my life. This wash definitely does what it says on the bottle, my pores feel really clean and my oiliness is under control. I use this both in the morning and at night.
Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner
As with everything I use on my skin I wanted something that would help control my oiliness but also minimize some of my larger pores at the tops of my cheeks. This toner provides a nice matte base which is nice before applying any make-up and does keep the oil under control. As for my pores, I must admit I haven't really seen any noticeable difference in the appearance. I would still absolutely recommend this for combination/oily skin.
Simple Clear Skin Balancing Moisturizer
I have always found it difficult to find a daytime moisturizer that is light enough that it doesn't make me look uber shiny but still moisturizing enough. This is the closest moisturizer I have found that ticks all the boxes. My face is definitely less shiny, however I normally have to apply 2 layers especially along my forehead and jaw as they tend to still feel dry after one application. 
Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturizer for Normal/Combination skin
I like to use a slightly heavier moisturizer on my skin at night just to give it the extra hydration whilst I'm asleep. Whilst this cream is too heavy for me to use during the day, it is perfect at night. In the morning my face feels and looks moisturized but not greasy.

One thing I am definitely looking for is a nice serum to use under my moisturiser, especially to help even out my skin tone. Let me know if you have any recommendations in my comments box.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I use the Garnier Micellar Water too, it's great for the price! My skin used to be suuuuper oily, but I think using more hydrating products was actually the key to controlling the oil! It's a weird concept I know.

    Kirstie | Behind The Scent

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.