My Complete Wash Day Routine

Monday, July 25, 2016
I realised I don't really talk much about haircare, probably because I don't tend to try new products very often. Over the last few months I've introduced a few new products into my routine and absolutely love them so I decided to share my complete wash day routine. 

The easiest way to describe my hair would be 4c shoulder length afro-caribbean hair, the thickness of my hair is what creates a lengthy washing process. My wash day can be broken down into 4 stages: Pre Poo & Shampoo, Deep Condition, Detangling & Drying and Post Drying. I used to be an absolute product junkie, trying everything and anything I could get my hands on. Now that I have finally managed to get my hair to a nice healthy condition I'm a lot more discerning about the products I use based on what I'm hoping to achieve. So this is what my wash day looks like:

Stage 1 - Pre Poo & Shampoo
I completed a seperate review of these amazing Vatika hair products but I apply Vatika Naturals Garlic Oil to my dry hair the night before I plan to wash my hair. I section my hair into 4 parts to make the application easier. Whilst washing my hair I keep my hair in the same 4 sections using Vatika Naturals Argan Shampoo one section at a time. To ensure both my hair and scalp are clean and free from product build up I shampoo and rinse each section twice.


Stage 2 - Deep Condition
I deep condition my hair every time I wash it & this is currently my favourite combination. Organics Hair Mayonnaise is packed full of protein which is important for keeping your hair strong if you're like me and regularly use heat styling tools. I've used this on and off since I was little and it has always help keep my hair strong and resistant to heat damage. Oil can be really tricky to apply to hair so I mix Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter conditioner with Mamado Natural Peppermint Oil, I wasn't overly impressed with this condition on its own but as an addition to my deep conditioner it's really moisturising to my hair. I like peppermint oil in my deep conditioner as it stimulates hair growth and gives your scalp a nice tingly feeling. I deep condition for about 30 minutes with a shower cap and a towel on my head to make use of all my natural body heat.


Stage 3 - Detangling & Blowdrying
Washing my hair in sections lead to zero detangling time which is pretty much a dream come true for me, my shower comb glides through my hair with no effort at all. ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer is another product that I use to help keep my hair strong and provide protection against heat and styling damage. This Neutrogena Triple Moisturiser Silk Touch Leave In Conditioner is the best leave in conditioner I have used, after blowdrying my hair is soft to the touch and frizz-free, best of all it doesn't weigh my hair down. I apply both products to each section and comb through, I then blowdry on high heat until straight and then switch to the cool setting to seal the hair cuticle.


Stage 4 - Post Blowdry 
After blowdrying each section I give my hair a few spritz of Motions Nourish & Care Hair and Scalp oil on my scalp and through the length of my hair. The oils in this give my hair a final shot of moisture before I proceed to style it. 
And that is my wash day routine, in total it takes about 2 hours (not including overnight pre-poo). Drop me a comment and let me know what must-have products are in your wash day routine.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I bet your hair is in wonderful condition after all of this! I'm a fan of the 2in1 shampoo from Tresemme and a root boosting lotion after showering, but I'm simple like that! Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.